Bigelow Bridge Union County Ohio

Bigelow Bridge (regionally known as Axe Handle Road Bridge) is one of six historic covered bridges in Union County, Ohio. It crosses over the Little Darby Creek, at 40°06′58″N 83°25′30″WCoordinates: 40°06′58″N 83°25′30″W, on Axe Handle Road, just north of Ohio State Route 161 between Irwin and Chuckery. The wooden bridge was built in 1873 by Reuben Partridge, and named for Eliphas Bigelow, a nearby resident. It was refurbished in 1990, and repainted in July 2008.